Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} 23:13 - Jan 15 with 4485 viewsZac_Leeds_LS6

Having played (and been well beaten) by both you guys and Sheff Weds in our last 2 games, can honestly say I would love a Rochdale win, and given the game is at Spotland, nothing to fear in my opinion.

We were diabolical against Sheff W and 6 : 0 shows that, had we had 11 men would probably have been a goal or two less thats all ha.. but.a performance from you guys similar to that you put up against us, and definate genuine chance..

Regardless hope you bank some more cash to add to that from our visit, and despite our 2 nil defeat and poor performance...a good number of Leeds fans, me included enjoyed our day at Spotland, a proper club and good craic.

As for Sheff W, would gladly see them knocked out.. being from Yorkshires 2nd city, I understand the inferiority issues they have against Leeds, but thier fans lack class in a big way, and the double standards they exhibit is laughable.

So again good luck in the cup and.play off/promotion hunt.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 23:31 - Jan 15 with 4440 viewsroccydaleian

Cheers for that Zac. Must admit, wasn't looking forward to the visit of your lot, but the Leeds fans were spot on and a pleasure to meet. As for the Wendies, their last visit to Spotland they showed they had no class whatsoever. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Can we turn 'em over? Possibly, we shall see.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 23:43 - Jan 15 with 4409 viewsYadHoDale

Cheers Zac.

I'll take issue with describing Sheffield as being Yorkshire's second city though. Personally, I'd rank York (tradition and history) and Hull (maritime heritage and all tha) far above a southern suburb of Barnsley.

I suppose they might pip Bratud to fourth on a good day... :)
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 23:51 - Jan 15 with 4382 viewsZac_Leeds_LS6

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 23:31 - Jan 15 by roccydaleian

Cheers for that Zac. Must admit, wasn't looking forward to the visit of your lot, but the Leeds fans were spot on and a pleasure to meet. As for the Wendies, their last visit to Spotland they showed they had no class whatsoever. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Can we turn 'em over? Possibly, we shall see.

No problem Ian, and we may need luck now! potentially good season going down hill fast! dare not think ab
out our next game at moment.!!
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 00:07 - Jan 16 with 4367 viewsZac_Leeds_LS6

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 23:43 - Jan 15 by YadHoDale

Cheers Zac.

I'll take issue with describing Sheffield as being Yorkshire's second city though. Personally, I'd rank York (tradition and history) and Hull (maritime heritage and all tha) far above a southern suburb of Barnsley.

I suppose they might pip Bratud to fourth on a good day... :)

Ha my comment was mainly based on population, but can see your point..

I am not niave and know that Leeds more than most have a reputation worst than most, which is based predominantly on a 20+ year old hooligan problem.. last season there were problems at the Leeds v Sheff Weds game (at Hillsborough) mainly started by extremely offensive chants..

But having been on this site before and now after our cup game, I can see a fair few references to poor behaviour from Sheff Weds on previous visits, which does sort of override a lot of Weds fans claiming the houlier than thou moral high ground, they reel out to us Leeds fans when problems arise.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 06:59 - Jan 16 with 4242 viewsnordenblue

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 00:07 - Jan 16 by Zac_Leeds_LS6

Ha my comment was mainly based on population, but can see your point..

I am not niave and know that Leeds more than most have a reputation worst than most, which is based predominantly on a 20+ year old hooligan problem.. last season there were problems at the Leeds v Sheff Weds game (at Hillsborough) mainly started by extremely offensive chants..

But having been on this site before and now after our cup game, I can see a fair few references to poor behaviour from Sheff Weds on previous visits, which does sort of override a lot of Weds fans claiming the houlier than thou moral high ground, they reel out to us Leeds fans when problems arise.

Cheers for the nice comments, having had the pleasure of making a day of the Leeds game I was drinking in town before and after the game then went home on the train via plenty of Leeds fans and not one bit of bother all day, the same cant be said about them idiots from Weds, as Keegan once said "id just love it" if we sent them home empty handied again with their ridiculous big club mentality.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 09:25 - Jan 16 with 4095 viewsowlio

In the grand scheme of things, I would probably rather see a flimsy advertising board passed around than chairs thrown at me and a player assaulted on the pitch...

...But the 'genteel' L**ds fans wouldn't know anything about that, would they?

Hope that helps to put things into perspective. I'm a peaceful Wendy and very much looking forward to my first trip to Spotland, regardless of the result.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 09:52 - Jan 16 with 4061 viewsSuddenLad

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 09:25 - Jan 16 by owlio

In the grand scheme of things, I would probably rather see a flimsy advertising board passed around than chairs thrown at me and a player assaulted on the pitch...

Hope that helps to put things into perspective. I'm a peaceful Wendy and very much looking forward to my first trip to Spotland, regardless of the result.

I have no doubt, with that attitude, that you will enjoy the day regardless of the outcome.

Your collective cause isn't helped by the previous antics of some of the moronic element of your support when destroying the advertising hoardings seemed to be more important than watching the game.

Add to that, the comments from some Wendies supporters that the Rochdale tie is the equivalent of being given a 'bye' into round 5 and you'll understand why there's a bit of 'back-chat' from this side of the Pennines.

Enjoy your day.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 10:04 - Jan 16 with 4034 viewsmaybee

We all know that most Wendies fans will be fine, it's just that your last visit to Spotland left a very poor impression of you as a club.

Fair enough, we gave you a good hiding that day, but there was no excuse to trash our ground and behave all "Billy-big-time" before, during and after the match.

Contrast & compare to the leeds fans, who were extremely good natured before and after our recent match, despite their dubious history.

It's an example that your fans should be aiming to copy. However, having Tango as a role model, I doubt it will be easy.
Login to get fewer ads

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 10:12 - Jan 16 with 4013 viewsowlio

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 10:04 - Jan 16 by maybee

We all know that most Wendies fans will be fine, it's just that your last visit to Spotland left a very poor impression of you as a club.

Fair enough, we gave you a good hiding that day, but there was no excuse to trash our ground and behave all "Billy-big-time" before, during and after the match.

Contrast & compare to the leeds fans, who were extremely good natured before and after our recent match, despite their dubious history.

It's an example that your fans should be aiming to copy. However, having Tango as a role model, I doubt it will be easy.

Rest assured, 'Tango' is not a role model at this club ...He's a special case from Wolverhampton.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 11:11 - Jan 16 with 3907 viewsDale_Pea

You're a naive fool if you think the advertising boards were all that happened during that day. Before the game your fans were a set of toothless numpties in the pub, during the game they behaved in a manner that would suggest they don't leave the house very often, and after the game they were some of the most bitter fans I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Leeds fan however were a pleasure to host.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 11:16 - Jan 16 with 3891 viewsTomRAFC

Cheers for the compliments Zac.

I must admit I found every leeds fan I bumped into a pleasure to talk to.

Alot of away fans seem to like spotland and the dale fans, which we take as a huge compliment.

I was on a coach going up to the north east not long after new year. When it stopped in leeds a couple of leeds fans got on, and I could over hear them talking about dale, which was fantastic!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 11:47 - Jan 16 with 3822 viewsScunnydale

I was at the Sheff Wed v Leeds match at Hillsborough when Kirkland got smacked. Went with my Leeds supporting mate, but sat in the Wendies end. Got to admit, the Wendies fans I was sat near were great - as were the Leeds fans we met in the pubs (even the Howard).

Yeah, they were raucous and lairy, but the atmosphere was friendly. As it was after the match on the trams. The only trouble was during the match: the chants from the Wendies, and that nobber from the Leeds end smacking Kirkland (and the chair throwing too).
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 13:53 - Jan 16 with 3627 viewsowlio

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 11:11 - Jan 16 by Dale_Pea

You're a naive fool if you think the advertising boards were all that happened during that day. Before the game your fans were a set of toothless numpties in the pub, during the game they behaved in a manner that would suggest they don't leave the house very often, and after the game they were some of the most bitter fans I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Leeds fan however were a pleasure to host.

Not just a fool but a naive fool!

I've asked all my fellow Wednesdayites to make more of an effort with their appearance for the match, sorry those toothless lot offended you.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 14:06 - Jan 16 with 3597 viewsD_Alien

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 13:53 - Jan 16 by owlio

Not just a fool but a naive fool!

I've asked all my fellow Wednesdayites to make more of an effort with their appearance for the match, sorry those toothless lot offended you.

Don't worry* owlio, there's better people than you been called a naive fool by DP!

* Or lose any sleep

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 14:32 - Jan 16 with 3539 viewsbazingadale

The last time they came to Rochdale wasn't the hammering we gave them when the boards were ripped down. It was infact a 0-0 draw where jones missed a penalty. A lot of memory loss going on from some posters saying the last time they came we beat them
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 15:28 - Jan 16 with 3452 viewsSuddenLad

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 14:32 - Jan 16 by bazingadale

The last time they came to Rochdale wasn't the hammering we gave them when the boards were ripped down. It was infact a 0-0 draw where jones missed a penalty. A lot of memory loss going on from some posters saying the last time they came we beat them

It was Dave Jones first match after his appointment as manager and he was sat in the Directors' box with Milan Mandaric. Also COG's first return to Spotland after his move to Hillsborough.

Dale were by far the better side, even though, as you say, it was a 0-0 draw.

The louts were still louts despite the result.

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 16:05 - Jan 16 with 3411 viewsaleanddale

Fingers crossed Wednesday are better behaved this time. They really have done themselves no favours the last 2 x visits.

Did we bill them for the damage does anybody know??

Bad apples in every clubs barrell ( i am still embarressed by Macc away ).

As has been said though credit to all the leeds fans who made the trip over the penines.

A real pleasure to host and they were good natured before during and after the game. They certainly contributed to the occasion and our 90 mins in the spotlight.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 11:06 - Jan 17 with 3132 viewsParkinsGimp

Wednesday fans were very badly behaved last time they came and were well and truly embarrassed when outside the ground going round acting the big I am. Perhaps this is where the lady Owl on another thread was worried about our "hooligans".
I saw no trouble at all from Leeds , yes they started with a bit of Big time Charlie chanting and posturing but soon settled down to watch a footballing spectacle and accepted defeat in a gracious manner( which I did not expect). Now the Wendies couldn't take being whooped by little Ol Rochdale last time so decided to try and act big and clever and rip hoardings down and injure their own fans.
Yes Rochdale do have a few people who will stand their ground but I would say it is one of the most welcoming grounds in the country and this usually diffuses any animosity. Just hope the Wendies behave themselves this time if they lose again.
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 13:13 - Jan 17 with 3051 viewsowlio

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 11:06 - Jan 17 by ParkinsGimp

Wednesday fans were very badly behaved last time they came and were well and truly embarrassed when outside the ground going round acting the big I am. Perhaps this is where the lady Owl on another thread was worried about our "hooligans".
I saw no trouble at all from Leeds , yes they started with a bit of Big time Charlie chanting and posturing but soon settled down to watch a footballing spectacle and accepted defeat in a gracious manner( which I did not expect). Now the Wendies couldn't take being whooped by little Ol Rochdale last time so decided to try and act big and clever and rip hoardings down and injure their own fans.
Yes Rochdale do have a few people who will stand their ground but I would say it is one of the most welcoming grounds in the country and this usually diffuses any animosity. Just hope the Wendies behave themselves this time if they lose again.

I wasn't there last time 'round but think it'll be a completely different experience.

The vast majority of fans know not to underestimate any club, and almost all of our own fans are taking the p*ss when they start calling us a 'massive' club. We're a terrible team this year, despite recent results, and I fully expect a close cup tie.

Most won't be going there expecting a spanking, especially considering we struggled against Macclesfield. I am personally already gearing up for a defeat.

There are numpties in all clubs and it's fair to say Rochdale has it's fair share of problems, none of which will be held in prejudice.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 13:16]
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 13:37 - Jan 17 with 2981 viewsD_Alien

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 13:13 - Jan 17 by owlio

I wasn't there last time 'round but think it'll be a completely different experience.

The vast majority of fans know not to underestimate any club, and almost all of our own fans are taking the p*ss when they start calling us a 'massive' club. We're a terrible team this year, despite recent results, and I fully expect a close cup tie.

Most won't be going there expecting a spanking, especially considering we struggled against Macclesfield. I am personally already gearing up for a defeat.

There are numpties in all clubs and it's fair to say Rochdale has it's fair share of problems, none of which will be held in prejudice.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 13:16]

"I wasn't there last time 'round but think it'll be a completely different experience."

Bloody hell owlio, that's the first time I can remember seeing an apostrophe before the word "round" - used in that context! Quite possibly correct usage, although we have a poster called Bobbyjoe who's the font of all wisdom on matters grammatical!

Keep dragging those knuckles!

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 14:41 - Jan 17 with 2919 viewsBobbyjoe

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 13:37 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

"I wasn't there last time 'round but think it'll be a completely different experience."

Bloody hell owlio, that's the first time I can remember seeing an apostrophe before the word "round" - used in that context! Quite possibly correct usage, although we have a poster called Bobbyjoe who's the font of all wisdom on matters grammatical!

Keep dragging those knuckles!

Safer to avoid apostrophes altogether!

PS Wasn't it Megson's first game in charge, or am I getting confused (again!)? Incidentally three of our own (very smartly dressed) knuckle-draggers hurled a stream of invective at him that would have made a sailor blush, the moment he emerged from the tunnel. So much so that I thought at first they were Wednesday fans who didn't approve of his appointment. I'm not sure what Lord Hattersley made of it!
Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 14:46 - Jan 17 with 2913 viewsdeeplishblue

Not wanting to fuel the fire or anything, but I recall when Sheffield United visited they were a nicer bunch alltogether. I even them remember then applauding the TDS after we had sung one self depreciating song.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 15:30 - Jan 17 with 2853 viewsD_Alien

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 14:41 - Jan 17 by Bobbyjoe

Safer to avoid apostrophes altogether!

PS Wasn't it Megson's first game in charge, or am I getting confused (again!)? Incidentally three of our own (very smartly dressed) knuckle-draggers hurled a stream of invective at him that would have made a sailor blush, the moment he emerged from the tunnel. So much so that I thought at first they were Wednesday fans who didn't approve of his appointment. I'm not sure what Lord Hattersley made of it!

Just as well Lord Hattersley didn't respond in kind - you'd have all been soaked!

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 15:40 - Jan 17 with 2831 viewsSuddenLad

Good Luck in 4th Round of F a Cup. {From Leeds} on 15:30 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Just as well Lord Hattersley didn't respond in kind - you'd have all been soaked!

At least he turned up and it saved the club having to buy a tub of lard !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024